Presence Grey out of the Bluetooth transmission range
Calling is only possible in the Bluetooth transmission range of the mobile phone/Bluetooth device. The transmission range largely depends on environmental conditions such as wall thickness, wall composition etc. With a free line of sight, the transmission range of most mobile phones and Bluetooth devices is up to 25 meters.
If the headset leaves the transmission range of the connected Bluetooth device during a call, one of the following voice prompts is announced in the headset:
- “Phone one disconnected” for the first mobile phone
- “Phone two disconnected” for the second mobile phone or
- “Dongle disconnected” for the Bluetooth dongle.
If you re-enter the Bluetooth transmission range within these 5 minutes, the connection is re-established and the voice prompt “Phone one connected”, “Phone two connected” or “Dongle connected” is announced in the headset.
If you spend more than 5 minutes outside the Bluetooth transmission range, the connection breaks down completely and you have to manually re-establish the connection. To re-establish a connection to the mobile phone or/and Bluetooth dongle:
- Briefly press the multi-function button.
Once the connection is successfully re-established, one of the following voice prompts is announced in the headset:
- “Phone one connected” for the first mobile phone
- “Phone two connected” for the second mobile phone or
- “Dongle connected” for the Bluetooth dongle.