Why Choose Microsoft Teams Rooms
Empower Your Hybrid Workforce with Microsoft Teams Rooms
Designed for seamless collaboration, your team will benefit from clear conversations, ease of use, and flawless connectivity. Get the best Microsoft Teams experience with all participants in mind, not only those in the room.
10 Reasons to Choose Microsoft Teams Rooms
End User Benefits
- Professional looking meeting room – ready-to-use conferencing and no
- Ensure optimal and reliable performance through a native Teams experience for
those in the room and people joining remotely.
- Get started quickly with a familiar and consistent user experience (UX). Join
meetings in seconds with one-touch button or touch free with proximity-join.
- Increase in productive meetings without employee frustration when starting up,
battery dies or the person with the PC leaves earlier and the meeting needs
- Avoid sharing personal information from your laptop when shown on the screen.
IT Manager Benefits
- Certified Microsoft Teams Rooms devices have received a quality stamp from
Microsoft after going through rigorous testing ensuring a consistent user
experience (UX) using a native Teams Room device.
- Microsoft Teams Rooms support integrated and modular meeting room designs
providing real flexibility on in-meeting room hardware as well as supporting
Windows and Android operating systems.
- Security – keep devices secure, reliable, and up to date with rich management
- Microsoft Teams Rooms Basic license provides core meeting and conferencing
functionality for up to 25 devices, as well as core security and management
capabilities, at no additional cost, perfect for organisations wating to experience
a native Teams Room experience for the first time.
- Elevate your room experience with Microsoft Teams Pro license which provides
a feature rich in-meeting experience alongside advanced reporting and greater
management control to ensure your meeting rooms are always at optimal
performance for collaboration.
How to Activate Your Microsoft Teams Rooms License
1. Log in to your Microsoft 365 admin portal using your administration credentials. Don’t have an admin account for Microsoft Teams? Sign up for Business or Enterprise.
2. Follow the easy steps in this video
3. Enjoy seamless hybrid meetings!
Microsoft Teams Rooms Licensing Model
|Microsoft Teams Rooms Basic$0 Device/Month|
Limited to 25 rooms
|Microsoft Teams Rooms Pro$40 Device/Month|
Annual subscription–auto renews
|Teams Rooms on Windows||X||X|
|Teams Room on Android*||X||X|
|Teams Room on Surface Hub||X||X|
|Meet now (start ad-hoc meetings)||X||X|
|Direct guest join for Zoom and Webex meetings||X||X|
|Join meetings across Teams clouds||X|
|Check-in with Teams panel||X|
|Share and Collaborate|
|Share and view all Teams content types||X||X|
|Share an analog whiteboard with intelligent content capture||X|
|Teams video gallery with multiple layout options||X||X|
|Large gallery (up to 50 videos)||X|
|Split gallery across two screens||X|
|Engage with chat and Loop components||X|
|Make and receive peer-to-peer and group calls||X||X|
|Microsoft 365 Phone System||X|
|Inbound and outbound SIP/H323 video calls||X|
|Intelligent audio and video (may require additional peripherals)||X|
|Intelligent speaker support for live transcript with speaker identification||X|
|Intelligent camera support with multiple video streams||X|
|Support for multiple cameras||X|
|Panoramic room view||X|
|Remote PTZ controls||X|
|AI noise suppression ||X|
|Security and Compliance|
|Secure operating system||X||X|
|System-level security (such as secure boot and assigned access)||X||X|
|Endpoint management with Microsoft Endpoint Manager||X|
|Azure Active Directory advanced grouping and conditional access||X|